Monday, December 10, 2007

Our First NFL Game!!


A Loyal Fan

David and I travelled to India last year with several staff members and some friends of the ministry, one of whom happens to play for the Green Bay Packers! (that's a football team, for those who don't know :) His name is Aaron Kampman, and he is such a wonderful and godly role model for so many watching his life. He graciouly offered to give us and our friends who travelled to India tickets to the Cowboys/Packers game. Needless to say, we were quite excited, esp. since they both had a tied record at the time (I think it was 10-1).... Our seats were situated amongst many Packer fans....David sat next to a couple of them that had just flown in that morning for the game!! They apparently have some of the most loyal fans around~ Thankfully, we were rooting for the Packers that night...and wouldn't you know it, the Cowboys won...the only time I wasn't really wanting them to win! Anyways, I thought you might enjoy a few pics of our time there. Wow, it was a loud experience!! I'm either getting old, or am just so used to going to quieter baseball games instead :) I have to say, the two biggest highlights of the night were fellowshipping with Beth & Teressa and getting to "catch up" with Aaron after the game. He's such a genuine man who doesn't seem to be caught up in all of the action going on around him. He has a wonderful wife named Linde and two young sons and one in the oven!


Aaron helping this guy up....what a gentleman!!


In the stands


The gang after the game




Hanging out with Aaron after the game

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

totally love your pics. :) these are so great. weren't you wearing a black shirt though? I don't remember the pink, but it looks nice
my favorite quotes from timmy that night are as follows:
"Hey! this is charlie brown. I don't like charlie brown."

"KWTY!!!" in a gruff voice...he got it almost right...KLTY...only one letter off.

"Help me auntie Rachael! Help me!"